Gleesons Mercery has a long and proud association with the Stanthorpe community. In 1903 Edward and Mary-Jane Gleeson established Gleesons General Store. The store was then acquired by the Australian Army in 1943 as a medical supply unit. In 1945, at the end of World War 2, the Menswear, (Mercery) section of the general store was taken over by Edward and Mary-Jane’s youngest daughter Kathleen and her husband Doug Mack under the name of GLEESONS MERCERY. Kathleen and Doug’s youngest daughter, Jenny and her husband Keith Kay took over the business in 1978. The family business is now owned and run by their youngest son Brenden and his wife Julie.
We have always prided ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and are now excited extend this to our online customer base.
Gleesons Mercery stocks a wide range of men’s clothing for all occasions from racewear and formal clothing through to surf, street, sport and casual wear. Hire suits are also available for any special event. We also stock industrial workwear for tradespeople and have Corporate workwear options available. Ladies casual wear and active wear are in stock. Gleesons Mercery also stocks School Uniforms for St Joseph’s Stanthorpe, Stanthorpe State High and Stanthorpe State Primary schools.